Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Games Kids Play on Ice

Since I'm in recovery mode, I'm saving money by skating on public rather than the $18 and hour freestyle. I'd forgotten the games kids play on ice.  Here's a selection:

The Little One That Camps out in the Corner

The pre-teen that Will Run over You if
You Don't Get OUT OF THEIR WAY RIGHT NOW!

The Kid in Hockey Skates who Skates agains the Flow

The SCREAMERS!!!!
(And they can keep it up for an hour.
How? No idea.)

 Still, nothing spoils my hour on the ice.



2 comments:

  1. Minions!!!!!! OK got that out of my system :) How about the coach who sends the we ones out into on coming traffic? Saw a nasty collision with a toddler and a dance team doing a fairly advanced dance, it was a compulsary dance and this coach knew full well that the dancers would be in this particular location but she did nothing to stop the kid from moving out into traffic. The dance coach managed to keep the little one from injury but took a pretty nasty spill doing so. The little kid also was badly frightened. The dance coach justifiably blasted the negligent coach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been taking an ice dancing class, which allows me free skate time on the public before class. Yesterday, there was no semblance of a public session. It was like a freestyle with advanced skaters doing camel spins where ever they pleased with little kids around who didn't know how to skate. And the guard was a hockey guy barreling around the ice at 90 miles an hour. Ridiculous. I'm glad that class is over. No public is worth that.

    ReplyDelete