Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Typical Lesson

So, like most skaters, I'm needy. When my coach starts my lesson, I expect to be the center of attention.



Then she'll start teaching something new. "Hold your wrist so, don't twist your shoulder, bend that knee, get your head up, don't look down, don't be so nervous. Okay. That was a….start."

I feel like this.
I'm overwhelmed when I learn new stuff!
But recently I've started getting skating skills where they're second nature and I don't have to think about every single bit and piece of my body. Then I feel like this:


Sometimes, while I'm trying something new, my coach will demonstrate it for me.

I'm certain I'll never be that good.
Then, the lesson is over, and I pay up! You have to pay up!
By the time I get an axel, this is what it will cost….

No comments:

Post a Comment