Just so you see I'm wearing a mask!!
|Yes this is actually me. It's not required to wear a mask|
ON the ice, just OFF the ice. But call me a contrarian,
I wear a mask on the ice.
I haven't been on the ice since the 2nd week in March. It was sooo slippery!
You can relax in that I didn't fall. I didn't even even come close. After 30 minutes of lap skating I did a couple of 2 foot spins (both ways) that were like 5 or 6 rotations, and I only stopped because I was getting dizzy. I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING EXCITING.
Report on the rink procedures and people on the ice:
1. Before we showed up we had to sign a sports waiver that if we got COVID-19 we couldn't sue the rink. FYI, in my state these pre-event waivers have almost no legal standing, so I signed it, Howevr, the rink did not check any list or require you to bring in a waiver, so I guess anyone could come in. I passed that on to the coach who made a call to me about something else today, and she's going to take it up with the rink manager.
2. The rink did the required cleaning and procedures. They were serious about cleaning the boards, the bathrooms and the counters. The cafe was open but I didn't check that out. The rink had lobby seating with 6 foot spacing marked.
AND OF COURSE, PEOPLE PUT THEIR ZUCA'S ON THE
MARKED SEATING FOR SPACING.
|CLUELESS PARENT "OH, NO ONE WILL MOVE MY|
DAUGHTER'S ZUCA FROM HERE. WE'RE SO SPECIAL."
(I'm sorry, people who leave their bags on the bench
even in normal times annoyme anyway.
3. Things I didn't like, but the state didn't regulate: The rink rented out skates. It's probably not a big threat, but I wouldn't skate in rentals right now. They had changing rooms open 'on a limited basis' . I don't know what that means. Maybe for comps and games? I'm sure they'll figure it out.
4. Things the rink didn't do, but the state mandated: They didn't ensure people off the ice wore a mask in the lobby or the in the bleachers. So there were people maskless hanging around in groups. And when I got off the ice after an hour, there were people without masks crowding the benches. “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“ Whadya gonna do? Some people are just dicks.
5. There was STILL no hot water in the ladies room. This is not required or anything, but after 6 months I figured they'd have it fixed by now.
6. The coach that called me up today, called me about restarting LTS. I said that the trip was too long to show up for a 30 min lesson and 15 min practice ice. I draw the line at 60 min. She said they'll give me 6 sessions credit since I said, I'm not coming back right now. I thought that was VERY generous! Yay rink!