Friday, March 18, 2016

Do The Opposite, Part Duex

Remember a few posts ago where I decided to stop spinning in my 'natural' direction (the left) because I couldn't pick up my free foot, and start spinning in my unnatural direction? I thought maybe I might be able to do that better; but OMG did it feel creepy spinning the 'wrong way'.

....every time I spin....

Well, I got to a point where I could do a one foot spin for 1 1/2 rotation in my unnatural direction. That's 1 1/2 times the one foot spin I could do in my natural direction.

Then I got bored in group this week, and I switched back to spinning the natural way.To my total surprise, I could now pickup my free foot in the natural direction spin.

And, now I can do  one foot spins in both directions.

They are BOTH.EQUALLY.LOUSY.

But, hey! One foot spins--both ways!

And did anyone in the rest of group notice?

So here's my lesson from "Do the Opposite." I don't know why, but sometimes doing the opposite may help fix what I'm doing wrong.
Too true. Too true.







1 comment:

  1. In Europe, I had a coach for group lessons who would have us do patterns that included basic jumps in the other direction! I was able to do a pitiful waltz jump, but never managed to do anything resembling a salchow.

    ReplyDelete