Saturday, May 5, 2018

The Groin Pull

So, perhaps during last week's  spirals, I overstretched or pulled a muscle, tendon, or irritated a nerve. I was limping around the house and work for a week. I was tempted to go to the doctor, but this is the Internet age, so I googled it.

First things first. Apparently WOMEN don't get groin strain very often. Livestrong can't even find a picture of a woman

So, Livestrong.com was a wash. If they can't tell the difference between men and women, can you really trust the text?

I googled randomly "groin pull" and picked Mayo Clinic--they'll be authoritative.

Direct and indirect causes of groin pain for MEN . THERE IS NO ARTICLE FOR GROIN PAIN IN WOMEN!!!--Mayo Clinic you're  a bunch of sexist pigs!!!

 But let me say, I am so glad I'm unaffected by most of the groin issue men have.There's a lot of words I've never used describing them and things I didn't know existed. Men are so fragile.

So I wanted a fast 'cure' or at least 'fast temporary relief'. I pulled out my old faithful book for muscle strain. I love this book for palliative care for common muscle strain.

Muscle Pain Relief in 90 Seconds:

 The Fold and Hold Method

$15 bucks on Amazon--raving fans.

Okay, when the exercises in this book work, they REALLY work. I did a couple of exercises for the shoulder I fell on a few weeks ago and the muscle pain went away in 24 hours after 2 three minute sessions.

Of course, if you sense that the pain is too much (like you can't walk) or the pain lasts too long, consult a physician.
Sadly, it turns out that I have 3 things wrong with my left hip: groin pull, bursitis and some old injury in my left buttock. Hello Old Age!

Started with the book's groin exercise--doing that I could get relief for a couple of hours, now I'm focusing on the bursitis and the buttock issue too. Those are also improving. No miracles, but temporary relief.

But if you want to see what traditional exercises for groin pulls looks like, here are some from a New Jersey PT practice. Curiously, several of these look like the traditional bursitis exercises; So  a twofer if you've got multiple issues!
Summit Medical Group



1 comment:

  1. I'm late with this comment, but... Next time, and I'm hoping there isn't one, look up ballet dancer groin injuries. They will have stretches, exercises, etc for women.

    ReplyDelete