Tuesday, February 27, 2018

How to have a Bachelorette Party at the Rink

So, Saturday, one of the most crowded public sessions I've ever been to (60+ on ice), a group of women showed up with pink sashes. The only one I could read said "Bride".

And these were bachelorettes who could skate. In fact there were 15 bachelorettes on the ice, in the middle , during a heavy public session.

In Pink Tutus.



Drunk.
Which I don't understand because 
the rink doesn't have an alcohol license


Doing jumps and spins in the center--
screw whoever was skating there. 

That was stupid. 
NOT BECAUSE OF THE SAFETY ISSUES. BUT BECAUSE IF THEY HAD RENTED PRIVATE ICE THEY COULD HAVE HAD THIS ON ICE

PLAN AHEAD PEOPLE!!!

5 comments:

  1. *wistfully looks at unused skates and turnout gear in corner*

    [HEAVY SIGH]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to be the bachelorette or the uhhhh....'dancer'?

      Delete
    2. Whichever's more disturbing. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Babbette, I am really going to enjoy sinking my teeth into your blog! I have just started learning to skate as an adult in the last month and am already hooked. I started blogging about it and have been on the hunt for other blogs and you have SO much content I think I'll be busy for a while! I took a fall yesterday, mostly onto my butt but my wrists took a fair bashing. I only wish I'd listened to your post on wristguards sooner but isn't that life!? Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to adult skating, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Skating protection can really take a load off your mind in the beginning. As you get more experience, things will come easier and easier as your skills increase more and more until the day will come you'll feel at ease on the ice.

      Delete