Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ooops! I Need Some Tissue for My Blade Issue!

What with 3 bouts of shingles since August and two knee injections since March, I haven't skated much this year. Are you surprised that I kind of forgot to stay on top of my sharpenings?

I was on ice Friday, barely able to get an edge. I was skittering all over the place.  It wasn't helped by the fact the ice was too cold for figure skating.  Ice as rock hard as diamond. I had to really work hard to maintain control.


When I got off ice I checked my blades.


Yes, they were d.u.l.l. And it's 3 weeks until my skate tech comes back.


I feel like doing this to myself:



I know what you're all thinking:


Yeah, I think that too!

1 comment:

  1. It happens. I sometimes go months (I KNOW!!!) without a sharpening. I think I'm used to fighting for every edge. Maybe you can stone them a little, bring up a bit of an edge. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete