Sunday, September 22, 2013

So Much To Look Forward To....

I'm able to get back on ice! I know I should feel excited, but after a month off Ice I know what I have to look forward to.

Falls.

Sadly, getting up from the ice is a little pathetic. I have to roll on to my stomach, dig in a toepick, then push myself up from the ice by grabbing my knee.
All I need is an emergency button....sign.
I once had another skater tell me, "You're still getting up like a 5 year old in Snow Plow Sam. Let me teach you how to get up right."

I narrowed my eyes, "Sweetheart, I'm 40 years older and 40 pounds heavier than you are.  I got one way to get up. This is it."

But getting up from a fall is rewarding for me. After 20 seconds of struggle, I finally get back on my feet, there's a sense of triumph! How many of you younger skaters feel like that?


And when I get home after a freestyle I get to snuggle up in a nice warm blankey!
Ah, a snuggle and a nap...and Advil!
Looking forward to getting back to skating,  even with all the falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment