Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stuff I Hate On Ice.2

Madam Mim wants to video me to show me something I'm doing wrong.

My experience of looking at myself in video while my wrongness is pointed out by an eager coach is always like this:

"See, there! Get back further on the blade!"

Then after I did a bit of 'performance business' in my skating Madam Mim exclaimed, "Are you sure you don't want to compete?"

After watching a video of my skating, I can only envision my skating performance one way.




No.More.Videos. They're too discouraging.

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel. My sister purchased my last competition DVD as a gift. The competition was the first weekend in June and I've yet to watch it! Although, I've recently decided that we don't skate nearly as badly as we think we do. Allow your coach to video your progress; it is helpful. When you get home, pour yourself a HUGE glass of wine; it'll help.

    ReplyDelete