Saturday, July 25, 2015

How To Stuff a Zuca

This little trick will save your skates, by changing the way you stuff your Zuca.

When I had my old suitcase, it was easy to curve the stuff around the skates as they laid flat in the suitcase. But now, the skates go upright in the Zuca, and I end up piling stuff on top of them.
How people Put Skates in the Zuca
 You'd think with all the pockets and mesh on the Zuca, I could stuff something somewhere else than the center area.

But I'm really organized. I've lost so much stuff over the years, I have a mesh bag with pockets and I zip my important stuff in there. Like a nurse in surgery,who checks the surgery sponge pockets to make sure no sponges get left in the patient; I look in the bag pockets to make sure nothing gets left on the bench. Sadly it's kind of bulky and doesn't fit in the Zuca small storage areas on the outside.
Real Simple Lingerie Bag
Wrist Guards in the center pocket, stockings and gel tube on one end, gloves and elastics in the other. If it's not in the bag, I search until I find it. You cannot believe how much money this has saved me.

With the skates sitting on blades method of Zuca stuffing, the bag has to go on top of the leather shafts of the skates. There's no place else to put it. And if you want to put your jacket in the Zuca, it will rest on the shafts tops too. What to do?

Step 1. Rotate the boots so they're on their backs
2. Stuff the boots into the open Zuca so they're resting on their backs, with the blades at the handle side of the opening.


 3. Rest your jacket, bag of stuff, or whatever on the skates, the stuff will be mostly on the eyelet part of the shaft of the boot, some of it on the toes. Nothing really heavy here.

4. Advantage? The open end of the boot shafts are not blocked,  so the skates can air out!

5. When you get to the car. put the Zuca in so it's resting on its back, and unzip the flap! Your skates will now air out faster since nothing is blocking the inside of the skate!

6. When you get home, zip up the Zuca flap and take it in the house. Lay the Zuca on its back, open the flap and let the skates continue to air out.




No comments:

Post a Comment