Saturday, June 1, 2013

Things I Wish I Could Say. 2


You're not 8 any more. You're 14. Learn to tie your own skates.

This doesn't look cute after 8
At 14, you're Old Enough to use a Lace Hook.
Good, that's out of my system.

And just for all the parents that will write in with their excuses, unless it's a Special Skater, you have to have  a really good reason to get a bye when your kid is 14.

From the age of 10, I was able to tack up a full sized horse (including tightening the girth, and putting on the bridle) and shift cattle from one field to another. Your teenager can learn to tie a pair of boots.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a New Yorker. I could take the subway to high school by 12. At 14, there is no reason for a skater not to be able to tie up his/her own skates. Grow a pair kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's worse is when the kid sits there on their phone while the parent is tying the boots.
      I just don't get why the parents do it.

      Delete
  2. This is my goal for the summer-to get my DD (14) to tie her own darn skates. Now that we've bought custom skates to accommodate her foot deformity it should be doable. I hadn't thought about getting a lace hook-how useful are they? I don't use one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a lace hook before. Stop trying to fill up my bag and empty my wallet! DDD:

    ReplyDelete