Sunday, March 15, 2020

OMG! Back Spin! For Real! (Rink Closing UPDATE!)

Sometimes my figure skating dyslexia comes in handy. My coach was working with me on my arm position to increase my spin rotational speed. I'm spinning to the left, then to the right. I get the left spin pretty good and my coach does this.....



Alrighty then. Solid left one foot spin with 3 rotations.

Next second, I do a two foot entry into a right spin, and when I lift one foot....I go into a back spin.

My Coach does this
She's soooo happy! "That's the best spin you've ever done. centered! Fast! Perfect body position!"

I like making my coach happy.

This may be the highpoint of my skating for a while. One rink closed today, my home rink may close soon. Just glad I had a perfect moment to remember.

(About 5 hours after I posted this, my home rink closed for two weeks) 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment