Saturday, September 29, 2018

When the Rink Screws up my Skating Life



When I get a chance to review the new rink schedule
 
And there's too few hours for adult skaters to skate

I used to have 4 nice hours a week at good times

But the rink converted the Friday afternoon public to Freestyle, so the adults like me who don't skate Freestyle but skate public regularly, lose our best practice ice.  

Because of a variety of leg and foot issues, I just got on the ice today for a lesson. I mean my skating was smooth and solid, and my spins are faster. But... But.....

I now have to search the schedules of every rink in a 50 mile radius to find ice at a time suitable for adult skaters!!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Work schedules vs the rink's monthly schedule changes--I think we all feel your pain. Just when they're done with summer skate camps and get it right (for adults--for a single month), hockey and synchro practices kick in. Tomorrow, October, an extra Free Style session gets added back to the calendar at my rink. Granted it's an early morning one on Saturday but at least it will give my coach a better shot at spreading out her students. If I get lucky I'll be back to a lesson each week rather than one every other week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There used to be a rink in my town, now there's nothing within an hour plus. Me so sad.

      Delete