Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Self-Choreography


Some Days the Public Skate Music Just Moves Me


I don't even know the name of the turne. It was in 4/4 time, rather slow, with a steady beat under some smooth modern melody. Not jazz, not rock. I'd heard it before, and it swept me up.

I was doing stuff on my toepicks backwards, arm waving and body bending, slow spins both ways, turns one foot and two foot, step behinds, deep edges, maybe a two foot twizzle, beautiful forward crossovers with unusual positions, deep back crossovers into a landing position, turn forward......

...turn forward?....What did I just do?... I stop..

.....I think, step one step two, step three: ...No,  I did an unintentional FI3....

I don't know whether to do this.....



Or this....

When I tell my coach, she nods sagely like she knows more about me than I do.  I need a back 3 shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment