Friday, October 28, 2011

"There's no crying in baseball!"

But there's a lot of whining in figure skating.

Like any sport there's a lot that can go wrong. Sometimes it seems there's more that can go wrong in figure skating than any other sport.  The ice, the blades, the boots, the laces, your ankle, knee, arm position, your head.....there is seemingly no end.

That's how this blog got its name, it's because I am was a whiner.  I was complaining to my fellow ice skater, the Big Guy, how my skating would be better 'if only' the ice was better. He grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "The ice doesn't care!'

So after that incident, I 'manned up'. I do what my coach tells me. I don't complain about the ice, the boots, the blades, the laces.....unless it's a real problem, not an excuse.

 Remember, the ice at most rinks will never be good enough for you. And it doesn't care either.

No comments:

Post a Comment