Thursday, April 14, 2016

LTS Practice Ice

Public Skate HAS RULES---counter-clockwise skating with the center ice coned off for jumps and spins. Rink Guards enforce the rules.

Freestyle HAS RULES--lutz corners, look before you leap, avoid harness alley, dancers with music and skaters in programs have the right of way. Coaches enforce the rules.

In Learn to Skate Practice Ice.........
And no one enforces squat!

I swear tonight I saw a little girl crawling on her hands and knees trying to eat the ice.


ODG, nothing fazes me anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. At my closest rink, skaters in a lesson trump skaters not in a lesson but doing their program. I think that's how it should be. If I'm paying for a private lesson, I should have right of way over just some skater who put her music on. Except that doesn't appear to be the norm, and I got fussed at once by a skater doing her program while I was in a lesson. I'm all, did you read OUR freestyle rules? Don't assume all rinks are the same, little girl. The rink across town is different.

    ReplyDelete