Friday, January 4, 2013

The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!**

I think I may have as many as 4 (FOUR!) readers in Russia! Or one that checks four times a day.*

What? You don't believe me? It's a big country, it could happen!

Russian skater: "We're looking for the Ice Doesn't Care blog

Circassian skater: It's over there, at the corner
of Xanboni Lane and Skatingforums Avenue
 So if you speak Russian, can you help me expand my skating vocabulary? Just in case I have another wonderful Russian ice dance coach in the future. And I think my other readers who have Russian coaches would like to know too.

So dear Russian reader, if you have the time......

Words I want to know:

Toepick
Edge
Three turn  --- okay, this one I do know. It's Troika. What about back troika?
Skating Blade
Skating Boot
Hold--as in 'dance hold' or 'foxtrot hold'
Choctaw turn
Mohawk turn
Flow
Power
Speed
Rocker
Counter
Bracket
Push off
and last but not least,
Ice Dance!
Help me Russian Skaters, you're my only hope.

* The little map of Russia on my stats page lights up, and I check to make sure it's not spam. When it's not spam, I count it as a real, live person!
**"The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" was a 1966 comedy movie regarding the Cold War. It was only funny until about 1970, but the title lives on in people of a certain age (over 50).

1 comment:

  1. I have a Russian coach too, so I'd be interested to know!

    ReplyDelete