Thursday, August 22, 2019

Lake Placid Camp: Day Four-The *Very* ADULT Group Program

Day 4 and I'm in a group number. We are doing a two spoke synchro wheel. I can't find a picture of one, but here's a 4 spoke wheel...ignore two of them.
I'm one of the two pivots. The pivots link arms and slowly rotate counter clockwise facing each other. The male skater, adventurous, enthusiastic, and strong, is supposed to link arms with me and  lean in towards me as we turn the wheel.  On the outside of his position is a strong female coach who is skating fast linking arms with him.

Now once the male skater links arms with me and as we rotate, he leans away from me.  He's afraid that the female coach to the outside of the wheel is going to get hurt. I tell him she's a coach she can take care of herself, but he keeps pulling and leaning away from me more! At this point I'm afraid he could  snap my arm because he's so strong and the female pivot skater and I are locked into position by linking our elbows through each others' with a death grip.

Now the program coach is yelling at everyone "Slow Down!"  And the pivot skater is yelling, 'LOOK AT ME" to keep us centered. And I'm yelling at the male skater to lean inside towards me. Because God forbid he leans to the outside and pulls the pivots apart--or breaks my arm.

What the other freestyle skaters hear is ;

SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! and again,

SLOW DOWN! SLOW DOWN! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

Then finally me yelling at the top of my lungs,  "DON'T PULL OUT! DON'T PULL OUT!"

It must have sounded very naughty because the whole rink of skaters burst into laughter

Anyway, the male skater had developed this bad habit of leaning out, so to stop him from doing that, I yell dirty talk in his ear 'OH, MY GOD YOU'RE SO AMAZING, YOUR HOT BODY, YOUR MUSCLES OH TALK DIRTY TO ME...'



Yep, he's at the right pace and got his ear almost on my shoulder. 

What a relief this is an ADULT SESSION.




7 comments:

  1. "Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have talked dirty to a member of opposite sex, who I am not married to, with the intention of getting him in the proper place during the figure skating adult group number"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a practicing catholic. I am so not going to tell my priest this because it was in exigent circumstance Or that's what I'm telling myself.

      Delete
    2. My priest would probably have laughed so hard everyone within several hundred feet would've been staring at me afterwards (practicing Catholic here, too)

      Delete
  2. So, did the male skater try to hook up with you off-ice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amusing thought. I'm nearly 70, and he's mid-30s, so no.

      Delete
    2. Hey, maybe his role models are Benjamin Braddock, Paul Finch ... and Oedipus. :-)

      Delete
  3. And we call this next formation... The No-No Square!

    ReplyDelete