Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Love It When a Plan Comes Together

This week was totally what my skating excursion two weeks ago had not been: This was my grand entrance! The president of the skating club gave me a hug, the rink manager who was working the register asked where I'd been, and the skating director told me they'd missed me. People came up and complimented my outfit. Then I got on the ice and I was solid, smooth, and graceful.

Okay, let me rephrase that.

I was solid smooth and graceful--as long as I was going forward. Going backwards: Meh.

Back crossovers. No enough curve, but crosses okay. Back stroking....sigh.... I fell.
This kind of fall.
 And what happened?
1. I rolled on my hip.
2. I hit my wrist guard.
3. I got my arm up to block my head from bouncing on the ice.
4. I got up immediately.

(Pandering to my U.K. readers)
I love it when a plan comes together.

2 comments:

  1. I am a beginner at figure skating and I am afraid to fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go with the fall. Relax and just go down. Protect your head, but don't try to stop your fall with your hands. Your wrists are not as strong as you think.

      Had a coach who told me that if you don't fall, you don't learn. I've taken some nasty falls. Guess I'm learning.

      Good luck.

      Delete