Wednesday, April 5, 2023

It's Bruised Butt all over again

In 2015 I fell on my tailbone and bruised the bones on my coccyx. This is called coccydynia. I know that you're thrilled with the excitement of learning a new SKATING injury word to impress your orthopedic surgeon with.  YOU DO HAVE AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON DON'T YOU? Either a knee guy or a  butt guy.  Trust me. Eventually you'll need one or the other.

Anyway, my ortho retired a few years ago and then COVID happened. So now that I'm restarting skating again, I fell on my tailbone (again) and I have no ortho anymore. I'm a 50% disabled vet (the V.A, has lots of Orthos, so I'm getting a new otho there.)

 TAILBONE FALLS ARE HELL ON EARTH.

THE Excruciating PAIN CAN LAST FOR TWO MONTHS. 

I know the new ORTHO  will tell me to stop skating. 

I'm debating if I should pretend to be 50 instead of 72 just to trick him

Instead I'm getting butt pads and ignore him.


HA! Take that ORTHO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment