Saturday, November 5, 2016

Things only Figure Skaters Understand #10

Ever have one of those moments when you're working on something and a superior skater comes and nails it right in front of you. This is then followed by an exchange of looks....

I'm working on my 1 foot spin, when a girl FIFTY YEARS YOUNGER THAN I AM (15) comes in front of me and when she finishes a decent one foot spin, stops  and.......


She Looks at Me




I look at Her

Thinking: Your life must be pretty boring if you want to smack down an
adult old enough to be your grandma




She looks at me




I look at Her

Thinking: No offense sweety but I've had decades of staring people down
She Looks at Me
I look at Her
Thinking: Jeeze Louise, give it up already
She Skates Away 
I asked another adult skater what she does when stuff like this happens. She says, "Oh, I just tell her 'Nobody likes you'."
Damn, that's harsh. She really cut that 'figure skating ice princess' shit down to the bone with one strike.
 


2 comments:

  1. Funny post, Babette! Next time she bails big time in front of you, go over and say in a syrupy voice, "oh honey, are you okay? that was such an embarrassing fall." Dang! I've turned all Minnesota passive-aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan just to do a 'slow clap'. That's Texas passive aggressive. :-)

      Delete