Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Three Turn Checking--in My Dreams

I had a dream the other night about skating.

It's been decades since I had a dream about 'real life'  such as work or anything personal, though once in the 80's I had a vivid dream about calculus homework. (Note for those who care, my answer in the dream was wrong.)

Anyway last night I dreamt I was in a group lesson in a studio rink in a figures class. I did a FI3 and checked it beautifully.

I remember in the dream I thought, "Oh, this is so easy. Why didn't I learn this before? Oh, I must remember this when I wake up." There was this little trick with the shoulder...hhmmmm....which much like my calculus homework makes no sense when I'm awake.

Then ice zombies came on the ice and the class had to run to another rink. I ended up walking on concrete on my blades. So that was awful. I remember thinking, "I'm ruining my edges!"

I must stop watching Game Of Thrones
And I bet I won't be able to check when I skate either....3 turn checking--still a dream.




1 comment:

  1. Every once in a while I have dreams where I spin perfectly. It is completely effortless and I just keep going on and on, seemingly forever; I am overwhelmed with a feeling of complete bliss when this is happening. Of course, once I get on the ice my spins are not any more enlightened than usual.

    ReplyDelete