This year I got all my skating goals completed for .......
|Yeah, I haven't updated my resolutions since then|
So, now that my 2011 goals are done with, what do I do for 2016?
1. Okay, lift that foot on the spin....moving on.
2. Back edge pulls. I'm ready, I just need more time on ice.
3. Honestly, if I was skating every day I could have back 3's by now, but maybe the first quarter of 2016? Oh, it hurts to be so close.
4. Back figure 8s. I run out of power about 2/3 way through my back 8s, but the edges are solid. This is a time and space availability issue. It's hard to find the space for practicing even on freestyle.
5. Power. I'm 65 in 2016 so it's downhill on power from now on. Yeah, not holding my breath on this one, but maybe I can tweak my power with technique.
6. Don't get injured. ODG, every time I get injured I have to relearn my right mohawk. Sick of relearning that mohawk. I've relearned it 3 or four times already. On the other hand, I can do an outside mohawk on the right side, so I've learned something over the years.
Which ones do I actually think will happen? 1, 3, and 4. Which ones do I want most to happen? Six.
Let's just say, that if I'm injured this year, I want to tell my orthopedic surgeon, "I was working on my axel, the hardest figure skating jump there is." not, "I slipped walking down a hallway"
|This does not happen to figure skaters!|