Sunday, March 1, 2020

I drive 120 Miles to pick up my boots after a sharpening--then more!

Last week I was on business travel and left my skates with my sharpener. He sends me a picture on Friday that they're ready.
And there they are

Fifteen minutes later when I check Saturday's schedule, I discover that my rink is having a 4 day hockey thing. Competition? Intermurals? Some kind of hockey bowl thing?

And I have to have my skates on Monday....to skate.... in a completely different rink... in a completely differen town.

Sunday, I drive 60 miles south to get my skates.

Then I drive 60 miles north to get home
-- skates in the trunk 

TOMORROW? 
I drive  50miles NORTH! to go to LTS
Then home again is another 50 miles



For this many miles that LTS lesson better be worth it!!

3 comments:

  1. Traveling almost as much as my spins do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you. My studio is 34 miles away. I go 4-5 days/week. I spend a lot of time going back and forth. Depending on traffic,I sometimes spend longer in the car than the session.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm late to this party, but I understand. I travel by subway, 70 minutes to skate a 50 minute session and then 65 minutes back home to work. I sometimes wonder if it's worth it...

    ReplyDelete