Thursday, December 18, 2014

Why I Love My Ice Rink

I texted my coach that I was ready to start skating again, and I thought I'd take a test skate on public on Sunday to see if I was ready to start lessons again.

She texted me back: "The Christmas show is before public. Then after public there's the Hanukkah show."

MY RINK IS HAVING A HANUKKAH SHOW!

I've never heard of a rink having both a Christmas and a Hannukkah show.  Over the past couple of decades 'Christmas' shows, have more commonly been titled something like "Winter Show" or whatever.

My rink, for whatever reason is having two shows.

Then I got a second text from my coach: "And sometime during public they're putting a giant Menorah on center ice."

The Giant Menorah
 "What?" I texted back, "No dreidel?"

I got a text back that one of our Jewish skaters said she was offering to go out, spin and fall over!

You know, there's a program in that!






So yep, I'm going to both shows!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back on the ice! Happy Hanukkah and happy skating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have attended both shows too!!! And I know how to play the Dreidel game. Glad you're back on the ice. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete