Sunday, July 13, 2014

Curse of the Magic Marker of Doom!

Miss Bianca is always thinking of something new for me to do with the handful of skills that I have. This week it was skating several elements in a circle.

FO3 -- Back Mohawk (step forward) -- Inside mohawk in a circle.

She takes out the Magic Marker of Doom and draws the pattern on the ice.
Even though I can do these elements separately, I'm not able to string them together on the black lines she's drawn on the ice. For some reason the instant I put my foot on the black line I lose my head (interiorly). I feel  so uneasy I can barely stroke off.

I have to move over a foot and skate the pattern so my feet don't actually touch the ink. "I can't do it on the lines you've drawn on the ice," I tell her.

Miss Bianca nods solemnly. "Pattern Panic," she says.

It has a NAME?!


6 comments:

  1. I am very familiar with this concept. But I think it might need to be called Pattern Panic Syndrome to give it the gravitas it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my first lesson with new coach next Tuesday, but I have been very slack whilst I've been between coaches. No incentive to get up at ridiculous o'clock!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like she wants you to do waltz 8s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do a Waltz8. It's nothing great. What's killing me is that added forward mohawk. My hip's in the wrong position coming out of the turn forward.

      Delete
  3. I do my elements well.... until he takes out the Magic Marker of Doom. Then, I end up 10 feet from where I'm supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete